The process of colouring, by applying fabric dyes to loose fibre, thread, and fabric are called fabric dyeing. Being carried out for thousands of years, it has experimented in many different ways until today, and good results have been obtained. At the present time, Viktoria Fabric Dyes, which is one of the biggest brandmarks of fabric dyeing, suggests 3 different styles of it. These are; Bucket or Sink Method, Boiling Method, and Washing-Machine Method. These methods will be explained in the following passages.
I. Bucket or Sink Method
- This fabric dyeing method is carried out by filling a bucket or a large container with water or occluding the drain of the sink; so as to fill it with water.
- If the operation is carried out somewhere out of the sink; the cover should be spread so as not the water to flow out.
- Before starting this fabric dyeing operation, the sink or the bullet should be filled with 60 C hot water, as the experts advise, and the powder fabric dye should be dissolved with hot water in another container.
- If the colour is too light, a little bit more dye should be added, but if it is too dark hot water should be added.
- The dissolved dye should be poured to the place where the water is and should be stirred for a while.
- After being cleared of all of its stains, the object to be dyed is put where the dye is, by being wet, and water and the dye are stirred for 10 minutes, without giving a break.
- The fabric that is kept in the water for at least half an hour and mostly for an hour is taken out of the water when decided that it has the expected colour.
- Just after dyeing, Fiske fabric dye stabilizer is applied in accordance with the instructions.
- You should then rinse the dyed fabric with cold water. After this, wash your fabric with warm water and a soft detergent; rinse it, and dry it. After getting dried, your fabric will have the expected colour.
II. Boiling Method
Boiling is another method used for fabric dyeing.
- A large pot in which fabric can move easily is filled with water and this pot is put on the cookstove. The cookstove is switched on and when the water begins boiling the dye is added into the water.
- The object to be dyed is wetted and thrown into the water.
- The object to be dyed is put where the dye is, by wetting; after being cleaned of all its stains. It is stirred in the first 10 minutes without giving a break.
- After this step, rinse the dyed fabric with cold water. Then, wash your fabric with warm water and soft detergent, rinse and dry it. After drying, your fabric will have the expected colour.
III. Washing Machine Method
You can easily dye your fabric with the washing machine fabric dyeing method.
- The temperature level of the washing machine should be fixed at the highest level. Also, the time setting should be fixed in a way that the machine will operate at least 30 minutes.
- The fabric dye is melted completely by stirring it with hot water in a plastic pot. In it, 1 teaspoon of washing-up liquid is added.
- In another pot; if cotton or linen is being dyed, salt should be dissolved in 4 glasses of very hot water; and if silk or nylon is being dyed, a cup of vinegar and 2-4 glasses of hot water should be blended(mixed( together.
- Firstly the dye, and after that, the vinegar and salt are spilt into the detergent box of the washing machine and it should be switched on.
- After the machine stops, the dyed fabric is washed one more time with warm water and it becomes ready to use.
Viktoria has been manufacturing fabric dye over 100 years for you. There is no need for the workshop, additional equipment, follow-up, and time thanks to Viktoria Fabric Dyes. Because the Viktoria Dye has been designed and developed accordingly.